27 March, 2008

Moving, Part I

I have moved often enough that it's been a rather defining characteristic in my life. And since they always say to write about what you know... The first move i remember took place when i was around four. Naturally, i don't remember much; all i do hold of that place in my memory is of the move, and i have no idea how accurate those memories are. I remember my grandmother came down to help us. I was tired, but excited. All i remember of the house is small room - there was just space enough for my parents bed. There was a lamp on a nightstand next to it which made the yellow wooden floor seem to glow. The rest of the house was empty. It was late at night. Then i am climbing up, up into the truck bed. There were stars in the sky. Dad was driving - he had hair. An old pair of black and blue flip-flops were on the ground. It was just Dad and me. There was a yellow bag in between the seats - Peanut M&M's (his favourite). Even though it was past my bedtime, he let me have some. Not much, is it? UPDATE: Moving, Part II UPDATE: Moving, Part III UPDATE: Moving, Part IV UPDATE: Moving, Part V

No comments:

Post a Comment